Deeply empathic and intuitive as a child, I assumed this was the way all people experienced the world around them. In my teens I began to realize that this was not the case, and that not everyone was able to experience the spiritual and emotional “blueprint” of people one passed on the street or in a shopping mall. These sensitivities resulted in a sense of confusion in high school and I withdrew from the social scene, not understanding why my peers treated each other in ways that caused each other pain – pain that I could feel in all of them.
In the late 60’s I found comfort and a sense of belonging in the growing consciousness movement and all it had to offer. I spent my twenties studying yoga, polarity therapy, herbology and other holistic health modalities. I married and had children and my life as a householder took precedent, although I continually felt a longing for some mysterious something I couldn’t quite identify.
In 1987 during the “Harmonic Convergence” I, like so many others on the healer’s journey, underwent a profound mystical experience. In the months following, I began my healing practice as a massage therapist. My empathic and psychic tendencies, however, meant that I was experiencing a steady stream of information about my clients, which was often disconcerting, especially in a clinical setting.
Everything changed shortly thereafter, when I met my first spiritual teacher, Barbara Brennan (author of Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field, Bantam Books 1988, and Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing, Bantam Books, 1993). From the first moment I experienced Barbara’s channeling and observed her demonstration of hands-on healing, I knew intuitively that these abilities came naturally to her because was able to utilize more of her brain (much more) than the average individual. I also knew that she could teach me do to the same, and that this is what I had come for.
As I began my studies with Barbara, first in workshop format and ultimately enrolling in her four-year program at the Barbara Brennan School of Healing, I realized for the first time, that my empathic and intuitive abilities were gifts that would allow me to be of greater service.
By the time I graduated from BBSH in 1998, I longed to experience other healing modalities that might be less structured than those I had been exposed to. It was during this time that I launched a sort of secondary career as a promoter of other healers. I was particularly intrigued by the Brazilian psychic surgeons and was able to bring Rubens Faria (aka Dr. Fritz) to the US to observe and study with. Shamanic healing was also of great interest to me and I sought out an itinerant shamanic healer and convinced him to let me observe and participate in healing ceremonies.
I have continued to promote other healers, teachers and channels and am grateful for the opportunity to deepen my healership in this manner. (See the Calendar of Events page for more info.)
I have conducted courses and workshops on energy healing since 1998, both privately and as a faculty member in schools of Oriental medicine and therapeutic bodywork.
My work today, while informed by the broad spectrum of influences listed below, involves first and foremost, the embodiment of the Christ presence. I am profoundly influenced by the non-dual teachings of Adyashanti http://www.adyashanti.org/ and Rupert Spira http://non-duality.rupertspira.com/ and a student of:
- The Word, as channeled through Paul Selig, author of I am the Word: A Guide to the Consciousness of Man’s Self in a Transitioning Time (Tarcher/Penguin, 2010) and The Book of Love and Creation (Tarcher/Penguin, 2012) and The Book of Knowing and Worth (Tarcher /Penguin, 2013)
- The Way of Mastery, as channeled through Jayem, The Way of Mastery (Shanti Christo Foundation, 2004)
- A Course in Miracles, as channeled by Helen Schucman, A Course in Miracles (Foundation for Inner Peace, 1976)
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and am available for hands-on healing sessions in the East and North Bay and for distance healing worldwide.
Other areas of training include:
- The Word Material, Ongoing work with Paul Selig and Guides 2011- present. www.paulselig.com
- Munay-ki Intensive, November 2014. Offered by the Center for Shamanic Healing, Oakland CA, this training is for those who wish to share the transmission of the Munay-Ki rites; a path of fire and a path of lightning and a fast track to recognizing our true divine nature, brought to us through the Q’ero Shamans of the Peruvian Andes. www.munay-ki.org
- Matrix Energetics, Level 1, March 2012 www.matrixenergetics.com
- Body Ecology Certification Training, April 2006. Studies on the subject of probiotic nutrition and food preparation with Donna Gates, author of the Body Ecology Diet, Hay House Press, 1st edition, 2006, 2010 www.bodyecology.com
- Studies with and observation of psychic surgery techniques with Rubens Faria, aka Dr. Fritz, the subject of several books on Brazilian psychic surgery, including In Search of Brazil’s Quantum Surgeon: The Dr. Fritz Phenomenon, by Masao Maki, VIZ Media LLC; 1st edition, 1998 www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMZZPih_uR8 Note: This video is graphic and controversial to say the least!
- The Kairos Institute, November 2002 – Acutonics I and II www.soundhealingtools.com www.acutonics.com
- The Milne Institute, October 2001 – Visionary Craniosacral, Level I www.milneinstitute.com
- The Upledger Institute, November 2000 – Craniosacral Therapy Level I www.upledger.com
- Roslyn Bruyere’s Healing Light Church, 1996 – Body and Soul: Anatomy & Physiology for Healers, taught by Shelby Hammit, (80 hours) www.rosalynlbruyere.org
- Apprenticeship in Massage Therapy, with Vito Hemphill DC, Santa Fe NM, 1988 www.clinicalintuition.com